International students may hold student loans that have been secured through their home countries. Students are advised to contact the appropriate student loan agency in their country for further information. Whether you are being sponsored by any agency or government or will be personally responsible for financing your education, the university reserves the right to request proof of your ability to cover the cost of your fees prior to your arrival in Canada.