- Start Date: August 1st, 2017, for one year, renewable on agreement
- Job Title: Admissions Coordinator
- Job Type: Full Time Contract (1.0 FTE)
- Oversees the admissions process from recruitment strategy to student arrival on campus
- Coordinates participation in recruiting fairs and events
- Coordinates and hosts onsite events for prospective students
- Assesses marketing needs and ensures physical and digital materials are updated and circulated
- Identifies and develops recruitment partnerships
- Works with current students and alumni to identify prospective students
- Manages and provides ongoing revisions to admissions processes and communications
- Serves as the initial contact person for the admissions office whether in person, telephone, or mail
- Analyzes the needs for each applicant and follows through accordingly answering questions, providing appropriate forms, or providing a referral to the appropriate person or department
- Responsible for managing and consulting on admissions budget
- Supervises student and casual admissions workers
- Works closely with larger SSU community, including faculty and community life staff so as to ably communicate university programs, admissions requirements, financial assistance, and other essential information to interested parties
- Performs other related tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or other) in field relevant to preparing this individual for the planning and delivery of effective communication of the university’s benefits and attributes to prospective students and other appropriate audiences
- One to three years of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Proficiency in word processing and ability to learn and use a variety of personal computer software, including Salesforce CRM
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and positively with prospective students, parents, partner organizations, administration, and other individuals in either individual or group settings
Supervision: Works under the general supervision of the President.
Accountability: SSU exists as a university that has grown out of and is sustained by a deep Christian commitment, as expressed in the SSU Community Handbook, which includes a statement of faith and expectations of behaviour, attitudes, and mutual accountability. All faculty, staff, board members, and significant volunteers commit to support the SSU Community Handbook. As a key member of SSU staff, the Admissions Coordinator represents SSU to prospective and incoming students. This position is ideally suited to SSU alumni and those who understand and embrace SSU’s mission and ethos.
Job Dimensions: Analysis, attention to detail, planning and organizing, sensitivity, commitment to the university, dependability, teamwork, initiative, oral and written communication. This position requires some travel and meeting the public, especially prospective students, alumni, school and church leaders, and university partners.
Deadline: Friday, July 7th, 2017