As many of you already know, SSU’s Ministry Program is off to Egypt, Jordan & Israel in March, 2012! The ministry program is delivered in four 2-week modules (intensive classes), one of which includes a study abroad component.
While students are first in line for spots on the trip, we happily welcome others who are interested in taking the trip either for pleasure of for university credit. To learn more about this great 2 week trip that will take in everything from Egyptian Pyramids to the Jordan River, Bethlehem and much more, check out the full itinerary HERE
Since space is limited and interest is high it’s important that we establish a firm list of those who are committed to being on the trip. If you haven’t already done so and want to participate, please verify your spot ASAP by contacting Lorna Jones at [email protected] or call her at 1-506-466-1781. Please note that payments for the March 2012 module (the trip) are due in November and December, 2011 (see schedule below).
The total cost for this travel module is $4200 CAD.
WHAT DOES THIS PRICE INCLUDE?
- round trip air from Boston, MA (without flight the cost is $3100)
- 13 nights lodging at 1st class hotels
- breakfast and dinner daily, 1 lunch in Israel
- full time English speaking tour guides in Egypt, Jordan and Israel
- services of long distance deluxe motorcoach
- all guides, entrances and transportation as appear on itinerary
- Israel border taxes
- tips to drivers and guides
- SSU admin fee (tuition included – same price for all, student or not
WHAT IS THE PAYMENT SCHEDULE?
- Now: $100 CDN to secure your seat
- November 4, 2011: $1000 CDN – non-refundable, completed reservation form and a copy of the picture page of your passport. Passport must be valid until September, 2012
- December 16, 2011: final payment due
WHAT DOESN’T THE PRICE COVER?
- You will need to buy your lunches every day except for one day in Israel. We usually stop at interesting local places to eat during the day’s activities. You will also be responsible for any tipping apart from the guides and drivers. It is recommended to leave the equivalent of $2/night in each hotel room for the cleaning staff.
- You will be responsible for paying the border taxes when entering both Egypt and Jordan (currently around $46).
- Travel Insurance–you may wish to purchase this through Pilgrim Tours. The cost would be approximately $230 CDN (to be paid with November payment) and would include trip cancellation, trip interruption and travel medical. We do insist that you have some form of travel medical insurance. You can also purchase this from your local insurance agent if needed.
HOW DO I GET UNIVERSITY CREDIT FOR THE TRIP?
- For those who are travelling as SSU ministry students must do the trip for 6 credit hours (2 courses) and will have already have received your readings and assignments for this.
- Those not in the Master of Ministry program but wanting undergraduate credit may do readings and assignments for 3 credit hours (1 course) for no additional charge. To take it as a 6 credit hour class will require the additional charge of a full course at SSU ($1013). To register or for any additional question regarding readings, assignment and credit email Peter Fitch at [email protected]
- For those not going for credit but still interested in some extra reading, email Peter for this information.